Wednesday, August 16, 2017

An Update

Because I haven't posted anything in a while, I thought I might as well post an update on what I've been doing.

Since my last post on Haswell memory overclocking, I've learned enough at BIOS modding Fiji GPUs to change some voltage offsets in a modded BIOS for my Sapphire Nitro OC+ Fury. So far, I've managed to break 20k graphics score in Firestrike and get a silver cup on Hwbot in Catzilla 720p by using the modded BIOS. The big benefit of the modded BIOS is the 500 mV overvolt that is placed on the HBM. This allows the HBM to be clocked up to the 600 MHz clock step. I intend on continuing to bench my Fury in the future.

On that note, I would like to talk a bit about the future of this blog/me overclocking. In under a week, school will start up for me again. I will likely go dark for weeks at a time while I deal with sports as well as homework.

Regardless, I'm about out of hardware to bench presently and am currently in the process of acquiring more. Below is a list of things I need/want to get sooner or later:

1. A 240mm AIO
2. A QX9650, LGA 775 mobo and DDR2.
3. A PGA 478 motherboard (I already have DDR1 and a CPU)
4. A platform and CPU good at Futuremark Physics tests and other CPU benchmarks. I don't know what this will be. It could be Ivy-Bridge-E or Ryzen or something else.
??. A new Z97 board and some good DDR3
??. Some older high end Radeon Graphics such as a HD3870 or HD 6970.
999. A Phase Change Cooler.

The phase change cooler will forever be on the bottom of my list since I enjoy overclocking at ambient and the cooler is extremely expensive.

I hope to begin getting some of this hardware soon and I might start bench it whenever I have a holiday.

-DrDominodog51

No comments:

Post a Comment